Keeping Your MacBook Clean
I remember the day that I bought my MacBook. It shone as bright as the sun and I swear I heard angels singing. The white cover glistened and sparkled and the screen was spotless.
Fast forward two years later and the MacBook is less than shiny. There are some scuff marks on the once glistening cover, dust and oil give the keypad a dusty brown look and the screen is covered in blotches and marks.
Is there hope for my MacBook to glisten like it once did? Is your computer in the same condition?
Here are a few tips and tricks to keeping your MacBook clean and beautiful:
1. Try Glass Plus Wipes for your entire MacBook. While it will definitely work on your screen, many have found that it helps your entire MacBook to shine.
2. According to Lifehacker, you can rub toothpaste, say Arm and Hammer with baking soda, on the stains on your Macbook, and clear away with a moist cloth.
3. Wash your hands before using your MacBook. This might sound simple, but the oil and dirt in your hands is often what gets your keyboard and MacBook dirty the fastest. Avoiding coffee spills and cheeto spots is also important
4. Buy the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You’ll want to get the plain white ones, not the new foaming kind. You can find these at many supermarkets or grocery stores in the cleaning supplies section. A two-pack of these will run you around US$3.
5. Others have had luck cleaning with good old soap and water, and a bit of elbow grease. Some have even used non-acetone nail polish.
So there’s a few various tips and things to try on cleaning your MacBooks. Let us know if you have any other methods or how these ones work!